Saturday, August 2, 2008

The band's visit

Nicole spent the gift voucher she got from Rob today. And then we spent some more. We got some pans...

.. and a mega blender. It has a lot of parts and it can do a million things, well, almost.

This is the list of things it can do. It can blend, mix, juice, grate, grind and more. It's just awesome.

It's a Kenwood. I only know Kenwood from it's audio equipment. Funny enough, that's what it looks like!

After lunch and a shower we drove in to town to go to the cinema.

We saw The Band's Visit. It's about an Egyptian police orchestra that has to perform in Israel but they end up at the wrong village by accident. It's beautifully shot. The characters are great. It's very funny. It's incredibly human. It grabs you from the very start to the very end and you don't want it to stop.

And on the way back to the car I saw a possum for the third time in my life! It was really close so we could make some good photo's. Well, I mean, the photo's could be worse, eh.

It is a SUPER cute animal and it wasn't very scared. It did move 10 metres up after a while though.

4 comments:

Gledwood said...

I would quite like to see the Band's Visit...

as for that tree animal... that looks like... o yeah a RACOON FROM CANADA I once saw online... that had the same glowy eyes...

now Vincent did you just log on to me? as someone from Adelaide did

if so come back as I posted today and I bet you missed that by 0.5 seconds...

Vincent said...

@ Gleds: That's me or Nic. We both looked for you but you were already gone mate, sorry.

kees said...

The Kenwood knob does look like it comes from an amplifier. It's funny how you can see the pedigree of electronics in their design.

Nicole said...

KEES - I'll be really upset if it starts to play music when I turn it on instead of blending!