Sunday, August 3, 2008

Finished at last

The day started just beautiful. It was sunny all day long and it even got a bit warm. I sat outside on the veranda for a while and read my Ludlum of this moment.

Nicole picked mandarins from the tree and we discovered a great way to use them: Juice! The new blender is a little uneasy to handle still because of the rough edges but it does work very well. It will get better after it's been used a bit more. The mandarin juice was absolutely fantastic.

I decided to drive back to the big shopping mall we went to yesterday. I bought a few loose Warhammer figures. Only loose ones because I thought the starter kit cost $300. This morning I found out that it was actually only $85 so I swapped part of yesterdays purchases and got the starter kit after all.

For the uninitiated: Warhammer is a table-top strategy game played with little figurines that you have to paint yourself. I used to have this in Amsterdam and Nicole and I painted a fair bit but never finished it. I sold it when we moved. Painting the figurines is very calming and relaxing. Eventually I hope to play the game as well but we'll see.

I was set to finish my power supply this weekend. I just needed to fix one more thing for it.

Some wires needed to be connected inside. I made a little semicircle out of plexi-glass to put the contact points on.

After putting it in and inhaling solder smoke for an hour I took it outside to test it for the first time.

It worked well (haven't tested max. current though) and the project is now considered 'closed'. YAY!

1 comment:

kees said...

Rough edges on the blender? Nicole just has to put the volume up...