Thursday, August 7, 2008

Our friends from Mars

On our way to work we had to take a detour because someone had smashed into a electricity pole and it fell on the road blocking traffic in both lanes. Someone had to spend the day without powerrrrrrrr. Or actually I think it was a pole like the one you see here. Just for street lighting. The broken one is in the distance.

My manager, Justin, spent the past two days at the Mars plant in Ballarat. We make software for them and they pay us in chocolate bars of all kinds ;-)

They gave Justin a box full of chocolate bars when he left.

Lunch was difficult. Beef long bean or Snickers, Malteser's and Milkyways?

Tomorrow is going to be heaven. All my colleagues will be gone to a company meeting in Perth (where I unfortunately can't attend because I'm house-sitting) and I will be alone in an office with (STEPHEN M, are you paying attention?) 500+ candy bars and m&m's etc. Not to mention 2 6-packs of beer. Must put beer in the fridge when I come in...

It was sunny during lunch. The girls at the Thai place know me now and they predict my order pretty accurate. If only they would stop calling me 'sir'. Very Thai...

In the evening I cooked crumbed fish.

And I watched another episode of Family Guy.

Family guy and his mates won a look-a-like contest by dressing up as the A-team.

Nicole started making a cake when I was starting my blog. Plenty of opportunity to try out our new blender.

6 comments:

munchie said...

Wow, all alone in a possibly haunted office building, with nothing but beer and a whole pile of chocolate to protect you...

Luckily I'm off work tomorrow, so if you need moral support in that big scary office of yours, just let me know and I'll bring the proton pack (perfect for capturing scary chocolate hungry spectres) and coffee too (perfect for M&Ms).

Vincent said...

Thanks for your kind and selfless offer but I'll be just fine ;-P

kees said...

Shouldn't you offer all the chocolate to your colleagues? After all, they need the food walking their camels through the Nullarbor...

Vincent said...

@ Kees: We all got our own stash. What you see in the picture are leftovers :-)

CRAIG said...

Leaving me alone in an office with 500+ chocolate bars and beer would be like leaving a junkie alone with a pile of heroin!

They'd find me the next day slumped over from diabetic coma because I wouldn't stop until ALL of them were gone.

Vincent said...

I actually only ate 2 today. I might open the m&m's now though :-)