Monday, August 11, 2008

My occupations.

My daytime occupation. I wrote a very fine piece of SQL using a custom Framework that we use. It was a very good exercise. Thinking up the actual SQL code took it's time though because I haven't done any for almost a year. I'm petty much back in the game because of this now though :-)

My evening occupation. I had a proper driving lesson in an automatic car today. My instructor is Chris Fisher who was a 1500 metre runner for Australia at the Munich Olympics of 1972. It went well and I was complemented on my nice and smooth driving. Next time we're going to do all the special driving tricks.

I made 3 sandwiches with ham, cheese and pesto when I came home.

Then I read the news and this photo fascinated me for many reasons. A bloke got shot in Amsterdam. It's most likely a liquidation but forget about that for a moment. This picture shows great emptiness. First there was live, now there's not. This man had an agenda, probably. The people he was going to meet will wonder where he is. Well, he's gone. The three guys standing around him are completely lost. It's like they're standing around the BBQ.
His life travelled for 34 years and lead to this spot where it was stopped and ended, at the spot, on the sidewalk, between two cars.

This photo holds a great sadness for me.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That guy was a famous person for the police. He was not living a normal life, he was a criminal and got shot by his enemy's. So he was distroying other people's life and now he also distroyed his own.

Gledwood said...

wat voor lekker sandwiches!

Gledwood said...

ps ik heb uw url naar deze persoon hier gegeven

zijn naam is:

http://www.bloggen.be/dirkjogt/

is dat ok med U?

Gledwood said...

(en ik heb een reactie op nederlands ge-"tried" toe doen...)

Anonymous said...

Have you ever heard of a dagwood sandwich?
If it's good enough for scooby...


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dagwood_sandwich

the big sneezOR

kees said...

@sneezOR: Wow, I've just read the entry on wikipedia about the Dagwood breakfast sandwich: 1251 Calories.

That's 80% of my daily allowance...
Supersize me? No thanks!

Gledwood said...

...someone left some sandwiches looking just like those on the downstairs' windowledge ... sure nobody's nicked them..??

Vincent said...

@ Ilse: I know, I don't feel sorry for him.

@ Gled: You can give my url to whomever, it's a public webpage. Just never ever make me part of any of those blog games where you have to name 10 things and ask the same thing to 10 other people. Yuck.

@ Sn33z0r: Not until now. I may have to try that some day :-)

Vincent said...

@ Gled: PS: Your Dutch is rather good :-)

Anonymous said...

i like vincent a lot. he's one of the best humans. the longer i know him the more convinced i am of it.
love
s g collins