Monday, October 13, 2008

The PJ terrace

My colleague Mohit (left, other colleague Steve on the right side) celebrated his birthday today. He bought a big delicious cake and samosas. The samosas were also very nice and also original.

The cake and one samosa were enough not to need to get any more lunch.

I did go next door to get an orange juice though. Opposite the street the window washers were doing some abseiling once more. I think I've seen them do the windows there 4 times now while we are in our building and I never seen anybody washing our windows. Which explains why they are so filthy. Like our toilets. But that's a different story.

After work we went to P.J. O' Brien's. We sat outside for the first time there which was nice. We had a view on to the park across the road.

Nicole enjoying daylight savings. It's so nice to be able to sit outside again and it's still light!

When we came home I found a present from Gavin. An ORANGE cloth to polish my orange bowls!  (Not bAlls!)

6 comments:

CRAIG said...

Your balls look kind of heavy!

marian said...

is de samosa een soesjes taart?, ziet er lekker uit.

Vincent said...

@ ma: de taart had soesjes gevuld met pudding (als van een tom poes). De zelfde pudding zat ook binnenin, en ook slagroom. Een samosa is een indiaas apparaat dat niet op de foto te zien is. Wel erg lekker!

CRAIG said...

Samosa--ek dit baie lekker

Vincent said...

@ Craig: That's fasinating. What are the meanings of the words? I understand lekker. Does ek mean I? (I is 'ik' in Dutch) 'Dit' is Dutch for 'this'. Does 'baie' mean 'find'? Are the words in the correct order?

CRAIG said...

I say VERY GOOD

Afrikaans, which is really just 16th century Flemish that never evolved