Monday, December 15, 2008

The turn around

I was not looking forward to today. For work reasons. Lots of things to do under high pressure with almost no margin for error. It started at 8 o'clock in the morning.

Outside it was still pretty quiet but I was already thinking hours ahead...

I needed to juggle 600MB of digital data around from Oracle to us and from us to the client. It took four hours. Something I had not anticipated. Not happy. I decided to go lunch while it was copying.

In Victoria Square a few aboriginal people were teaching others to play the didgeridoo. It was very nice and soothing to listen to and see. I'm interested in trying it out myself now. Let the aboriginal person in me take over :-)

It was hot. The Christmas tree is pointing right at the sun. You wonder if one day the tip will get soft due to the heat and flop down. That would be funny. It was quiet and peaceful in the park. Everything seemed to just go a little bit slower there and it calmed me down a lot.

Later in the afternoon I faced the next issue. I installed the Oracle client software on the client's computer. It's 150MB in size. That's very much for a bit of client software. But it still did NOT install the OLEDB driver that was required. After two hours with help from my colleague Dale I got it to work. I was very happy and even ecstatic once I had run my own made software smoothly as well. It was 18:40 by then.

Nicole left work late as well. We decided to get some Italian instead of going to PJ's. At cafe Paesano they had set up the CHRISTmas tree.

(photo from the KEES blog)

When doing our round of blogs we spotted our old place on Kees' blog. I actually think he doesn't even know it was ours hehe.

2 comments:

kees said...

You're right; I didn't know it was your old appartment as I had never been to your place. I did know it was somewhere around here, hence the photo.

Anonymous said...

I love Aboriginal art. Me and my Mom went to the Aboriginal Art Museum in Utrecht last week. Highly recommended! (esp the museum store :) )

Jolanda