Monday, September 21, 2009

Sydney day 2.

We left the house around 9 in the morning to have some breakfast and then leisurely walk towards the Sydney Tower where we were going to meet a friend of Nicole whom she knows for 16 years but had never met before called "Rabbit".

It was Monday morning but the city was so lively, it was fantastic. People were hanging out ever where.

We sat down on Martin Place.

We also went to the post office there.

There are many different "old" buildings that make the city look awesome. Little ones like this one...

But also big guys like this one.

Sydney also has the biggest Apple store I have ever seen. Three floors!

We proceeded to walk towards the Sydney Tower and reached St. James park. There was a giant chess board, just like we have in A'dam.

St. Mary's cathedral.

St. Vincent in front of St. Mary's cathedral.

That is the Sydney Tower where we were going to have lunch. Going up with the elevator takes about 5 minutes.

The view was rather spectacular. The tables and chairs inside the restaurant were placed on a revolving floor. It made one rotation per hour.

The views.





St. Mary's cathedral from high above.



Afterwards we walked in to town a bit more and had a drink. Rabbit is a really nice guy, great company. We had a lot of laughs.

It's all fun and games...

And more laughs.

This is out hotel room. It's very nice.

I am incredibly impressed with the bathroom. It's the best hotel bathroom I have ever been in. It has a bath that looks clean. A shower with a shower head that I can actually stand under PLUS it comes off the wall. And the sink... I WANT one of these when I'm grown up... Fantastic design. I like to be able to stick my head under the tap.

After a little rest we went to Wagamama close by.

I had not eaten Chicken Katsu Curry for at least 5 months. I like. No, I love :-)

5 comments:

marian said...

Het ziet er allemaal goed uit, veel plezier nog!!

Anonymous said...

Poeh... hoge toren hoor... Ik weet niet of ik daar zou eten... Wiebelt het niet?

Friðvin said...

Sydney looks very interesting.. and that Apple store! Wow!! Are you sure you don't want to just move to Sydney instead of NL???

How was the food in the tower? The views were spectacular but typically the food in such places is less than ideal. I've eaten in one of those when I was a child -- and I remember it even rotated. But I have no idea where it was. Might have been San Antonio because they built a similar tower for the World's Fair which I went to in ... 1968??? God that was a long time ago!

devra said...

Maybe one day you will use your full title!

Vincent said...

@ ma: Bedankt :-)

@ Ilse: Nee, er was niet veel wind, Nicole had er ook geen last van gelukkig.

@ Kona: It's an awesome city. I secretly wish we had moved here instead of Adelaide but it would have been a lot harder for us to settle in I think. We actually went to the buffet. The food was just alright but you are not there for the food you know. We had a great time nevertheless which is what it's about :-)

@ Dev: Only when the world is ready ;-)