Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sydney day 1.

This was the flight leaving to Perth. We flew in a same model airplane to Sydney today for a 4 day Sydney extravaganza.

The last people boarding the Perth plane.

Singapore Airways coming in.

We arrived in Sydney safe and sound. During the first landing, the pilot decided it was best not to land on top of a slow taxi-ing plane and suddenly went full throttle and pulled right up. That was fun! The second approach went better :-)

Sydney is a lovely place. I already know that it is my favourite city in Australia. People actually live here! It was Sunday and there were people in the city! Even at night!

Walking around here feels great. It is a bit more humid than in Adelaide which feels so much nicer on my skin. The weather is lovely.

We visited Vesna and Sandy who have a bit of a huge house. This is looking down from the place.

This is looking up from their waterfront.

Sandy drove us back to the hotel and showwed us around a bit. This is the famous Sydney Harbour bridge. I was impressed! It's almost in the same category as the Eiffel tower.


This is the Sydney Opera House from accross the water. We will have a closer look soon!

So far everything has been great. The hotel is very good so far and plenty of breakfast opportunities close by.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey leuk! Hoewel het ook in australie is, lijkt het toch weer anders dan Adelaide.

Veel plezier nog:-)

Friðvin said...

Are you flying from Sydney back to Amsterdam? I've been so busy I've barely been able to keep up but I saw your packing post earlier.

For some reason I thought you weren't leaving until December, but then again, I think that's when Nicole is going over.

Are you happy? Sad? Mixed?

Vincent said...

@ Ilse: Ja, het is hier heel anders. Een ander (beter) gevoel ook.

@ Kona: No mate, this is just a little break. We are flying to The NL on Oct 10th. That is my good bye date.