Saturday, October 17, 2009

The move / night on to town

We drove to Amsterdam this morning. A one way Amsterdam for me. I used to work in this building at the top floor in the middle above the highway. Quite the view.

My kit with all essentials required.

The view from my new apartment.

The aboriginal clap sticks I brought with me. Traditionally used to make heart beat rhythms. I have also seen one stick being used to tick on a didgeridoo whilst playing it.

I walked to town over the Overtoom. There is a place there that offers driving lessons, espresso and old odd shit.

The fountain in front of the American hotel. I had to wait for 1000 kids to bugger off before I could take this photo so you all better enjoy it! ;-P

Leidseplein.

Random side street.

The Munt tower.

Jud was in Mulligans. He was hiding under his hat at first so I didn't even recognise him! It was nice meeting him for real because most of our contact has been through facebook.

iPhone galore: Daan.

iPhone galore: Kees.

Kees and another person I had the pleasure of meeting for the first time; Marjolein.

Nantko and Danny. Nantko likes having his hair touched. Especially by men. Especially by men wearing lots of black leather and denim. So next time you see him, put on your gear and give him a little pat ;-)

It was a great night with familiar faces and familiar music. Oh, and familiar drinks too ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leuk en gezellig dus.

devra said...

hey.. Guinness is good... whatever country you are in lol

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that pic of the American Hotel fountain... We used to be regulars for Sunday brunch at the Cafe American. It was an excellent place for people watching.

If you go sometime, ask to be seated in Nemo's section (if he still works there, that is), and pass on our regards.

X Angeli