Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Welcome to The Netherlands.

Back in The Netherlands. Close to 8AM. Sun light over the flat lands. It was crispy but the air was fresh. It felt nice but surreal at the same time.

Hitting the city limits of Alkmaar, where I will stay with my parents for a few days.

After coffee and chat Nicole and I walked to the mall that had been given a big overhaul. I have to say it is a LOT nicer than Northpark, our old mall where we used to shop in Adelaide.

I bought "kibbeling". A deep fried battered fish extravaganza that is Dutch. Accompanied by Garlic sauce it is very nice.

In the evening we went to a new Greek restaurant where we had a great time even though we almost fell asleep. From left to right: myself, Ilse my sister, my mom, The Greek waitress, dad and Cassie, Ilse's girl friend.

1 comment:

Friðvin said...

Ilse! Great to see you together again!