Wednesday, January 6, 2010

More snow.

The ferry dog. I dunno what he/she is for but it's a very big dog. Wouldn't wanna clean up after...

The city council has run out of salt. Can't get any anywhere. So we bought sand. Some colleagues pretended to be council services with a make-shift salt truck... I believe they had a good time.

Across the road they were fixing the roof. The weather was still nice then.

Coz two hours later it looked like this...

It snowed a bit bad tonight. Traffic around Amsterdam came to a grinding halt around 19:00. Unfortunately this meant my landlord couldn't come to replace my kitchen heater...

Some brave soul on a bicycle.

(Click to enlarge)
A building from the distance on my way home.

(Click to enlarge)
The same building from close by.

Some guys had found a table and made a sleigh out of it and drove around the area. It was hilarious. They were having a good time too.

It doesn't look it in this picture but it was chaotic again at Central Station. Public transport gets a lot more passengers than normal and to deal with them as fast as possible they let everybody in without checking or buying tickets, just just so they can drive on time, kinda, coz it still took my tram 60 minutes to get me home instead of 15...

Amsterdam Central Station.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the snow looks nice , but it's hard to move than. We have a heat-wave , 36'C today and 41'C the next 4 days ;-(( Not shure what's better..........
love Vicky!
Ps.
can you put a spel check above so that I know how to write ?!?!

Ilse said...

The snow came over Alkmaar in the morning and then went to Amsterdam. The traffic was still standing still late in the evening and around midnight there were still some trafficjams.
I have to go to Leiden and Zoetermeer today... and there is snow coming... I don't know if i go...

Gaaf, die jogens die op dat tafelblad glijden, haha!