Friday, April 2, 2010

ChipSki day 2

Looking out of the train window around 7AM after 4 hours of sleep.

Austrian trains are very similar to German trains.

As we drove closer to our destination we passed a lot of little Apls-villages. Very picturesque.

(Click to enlarge)
It was funny to see the sharp line between clear and snowy ground.

(Click to enlarge)
We had to wait in Worgl for one hour to swap locomotives.

(Click to enlarge)
Not our locomotive but still... hehe.

The guys I share a train compartment with. My colleague Sylvester and his mate KlaasJan.

And also my colleague Norbert.

Austrian cottage.

Another view.

Another view.

(Click to enlarge)
Final destination: Zell am See!

(Click to enlarge)
One hour after arrival we were all geared up for some skiing, including yours truly.

(Click to enlarge)
We walked from the hotel to the ski-lift. It was not cool, I hate ski-boots. However, the view from the lift was stunning. The ferris wheel at Dam-square at home has nothing on this lift!

(Click to enlarge)
I was in a class for two hours. I only fell once about 15 minutes before the end. I had to take off my skis and I called it a day. I really liked the class but the walking in those boots takes away a lot of the fun. I don't think I'll be doing more skiing.

Apres ski. Not my thing to be honest.

On my way down to dinner I ran in to Klaasjan and Sylvester who went for a swim.

No comments: