Saturday, April 3, 2010

An afternoon in Salzburg

No skiing for me today. I rather discover new places. So I decided to go catch a train to Salzburg. But I was a little late so I had 40 minutes to enjoy the morning sun and a coffee with cake in town :-)

There was a small market in the centre of Zell am See.

(Click to enlarge)
The views from the train were often beautiful.

(Click to enlarge)

I made it to Salzburg fine and walked to the old city. I came across a nice little park.



(Click to enlarge)

(Click to enlarge)
I sat down at this fountain a bit. Just like I used to do at the fountain on Victoria square in Adelaide.

(Click to enlarge)
My guide for the day.

Salzburg is known because Mozart was born there. But in this house another famous person was born...

... Doppler.

(Click to enlarge)
I walked over a bridge to get to the other side of the old town.

(Click to enlarge)

(Click to enlarge)
View towards the city from the bridge. Up at the top is the famous castle but it was so busy I didn't wanna go in.

The street where little Mozart walked.

And there it is, Mozarts birth-house. It is... yellow. And there are hordes of tourists swarming around...

(Click to enlarge)
Cathedral.

People playing chess like at the Max Euweplein in Amsterdam.

(Click to enlarge)
This house looked old but the painting was well maintained.

Plenty of beefaroni in this town.

And then it was time to go home again.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Looks fantastic!

Ilse said...

Dat is heel wat anders dan skieen maar niet minder mooi en leuk! Leuke en mooie foto's. Goede terugreis alvast. Groetjes vanuit limburg:-)

Anonymous said...

Beefaroni! Giddy up!

Ruud