Saturday, April 26, 2014

The Alps and the Dolomites

Early morning we left the hotel after a nice breakfast.

The sun was rising and rays of sunshine burst out from behind the clouds.

Short tunnels appeared. Hills started turning in to little mountains.

And the bridges got higher and longer...

After a while the Alps showed. Exciting :-)

And toll booths appeared as well. That was a bit less exciting...

This turned in to quite a nice drive! Can you spot the Dutchy?

Is that.... snow?

There were castles, too.

And more snowy mountains.

When we cleared the Brenner pass we entered the Dolomites. I'd never seen them and I found it to be quite a special mountain range. Pretty spectacular it was. They are not like normal pointy mountains.  Its sides are often almost vertical as if they were pushed up from the ground.

And late afternoon we found our camping. We asked for some distance between our tents and we did get some distance. About half a metre or so ;-)

I got my own personal card. It's like a camping passport except that this is really, really, REALLY useless...

I did my first camping dishes and I liked it. I did many more after this one. I'm ready for this! :-)

No comments: