Sunday, April 20, 2014

The protein diet, day 18.

Easter morning and I was once again up early taking the bus home this time.

There was a "funny"person on the bus. She kept pulling a scarf over her face...

I spotted this view close to Central Station from the bus and instead of taking the connecting tram to my house I decided I'd go for a walk through town. It was lovely and quiet, hardly any people on the street, mainly cleaners, hookers and the occasional lost tourist...

I walked on to the Zeedijk which houses a large chinese community.

Zeedijk. Totally abandoned.

Gable stone.

Pigeon.

Canal. Can't remember which one.

There's a fun fair in Dam square.

More canal.

The Wester-church.

I tried on the Tshirt I bought in Adelaide just before I left. I have lost 8 kilos now (in just over 2 weeks) and it finally fits. I like how I look. Such a difference from when I started losing weight in Australia...

Simone came to my place today. The weather was real nice so we went for a walk in to town. We slipped in to the "Begijnenhofje". I always like to go in and enjoy the silence there. A very friendly tourist offered to make this photo of us when she saw me trying to make a duo-selfie. It turned out well. I have a lovely girl friend don't you think? ;-)
Then we walked to Rembrandtplein and sat at L'Opera's terrace, in the hot sun, where we had coffee and diet coke. The treat of the day was 1 little chocolate Easter-egg. We're not allowed that from our diet but hey...

I cooked us dinner. It was a lot of veg and steak. Quite nice.

No comments: