Sunday, December 9, 2007

The 7th anniversay

The first thing we did today was visit the bonsai shop on Anzac Highway. On our way there we passed the leadlightshop on Prospect road (close to our house) which has been a beacon for me ever since my first visit here, 6 years ago.

The bonsai shop has over a thousand bonsai trees that they have all "trained" themselves. Trained means that they didn't actually grow them from seeds but rather took young trees (1-2 years old) and then made them grow in the desired shape.

They had some beautifull bonsai's and they sell them for $35 to $4000. Personally I would never buy a trained tree myself. It's the training and caring for your tree that makes it fun.

After the bonsai shop we went to see Karin play cricket. On the way there we saw that the Noord-Zuidlijn is also getting a stop in Adelaide. They are working hard on it and the sign said it will be finished in 2065. That's pretty optimistic I reckon but I bet ya it's still sooner than any of the Amsterdam stops! ;-P

Purely coincidental I ran into this license plate, "WOLF".

Karin and Gavin in the kitchen after the match.

I re-potted the bonsai I bought at Bunnings yesterday. I'm also trying to make 2 other bonsai trees. One is a walnut tree and the other one is a mandarin. I have put the pot on the stand that Nicole still used while she lived here more then 7 years ago.

I hope the walnut and the mandarin will be OK. I did some heavy duty pruning...

Today Nicole and I have our 7th anniversary together. It's been 7 fantastic years with never a fight and never any expectations or presure. We're simply good together :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gefeliciteerd met jullie jubileum:-)

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary together! Nice to read all your stories. I am a bit jealous of the weather over there. In the papers I've read that in Holland the normal amount of rain in December already has been exceeded. Arghhh!

Keep on blogging: always nice to read something great on a dull moment at Furore. :-)

Greetings, Marco

marian said...

gefeliciteerd, met de 7 gelukkige jaren, we nemen er een borrel op vanavond!!
leuk die bonsai boompjes, en de walnoot en madarijn zijn voor in de toekomst in jullie tuin?
gr ma.

Sneezer said...

congrats you crazy cats!

Vincent said...

@ Ilse: Dank, dank :-)

@ Marco: Hey! Nice to hear from you! I read about the amount of rain as well on nu.nl yesterday. Sad... We're going towards an extreme summer here they say. So I'm sure you will hear me bitching about temperatures in a few months. It's actually way to dry here. Last week we had some lightning and thunder (and 3 drops of rain) over South Australia which caused 25% of kangaroo island to burn down (it's a big island) and another 5-10 bushfires elsewhere.

Take it easy!

@ Ma: Dank je wel :-) Was de borrel goed? De walnoot en de mandarijn worden ook bonsai's. Je kan namelijk van elke boom proberen een bonsai te maken.

@ Sn33z0r: Thanks :-)