Wednesday, December 12, 2007

How Virgin sees their clients.

20 minutes after I woke up Tony drove Nic and me to Jozo's ship yard. Tony managed to find a magical amount of wood in the back of our house which we were going to use for the bedslats. To do this, we needed to use some of the ship yards machines. You wouldn't think we were driving through an industrial area, would you?

The number of trees rapidly decreased and everything started to turn brow and -very- dusty.

Looking outside from inside.

This is Adelaide's powerplant. Gas driven turbine engines.

In this hangar a ship was being build. There's a long way to go still.

The cabin is being build seperately and then put on top later.

I managed to find a bag of kruidnoten at the Central Market yesterday. I also found a kaneelstok but that's already gone...

Also yesterday I bought this little friend at Bunnings. The bonsais are still doing allright.

We thought we ran all out of notepads at home so we went to officeworks to buy a few small ones. Little did we know that there's almost a whole cupboard filled with notepads at home. Oh well...

When we came back Tony had finished a few of the slats to see how it's gonna look. I say it's looking pretty damn good! Tomorrow Nic and I will finish sanding the slats and we can put the bed together then.

To complete my CV and to avoid very big phonebills I bought a little prepaid SIM card for my phone. It's from Virgin and in the booklet that came with it there is a chapter called "Cheap restraint". The following was written for the Australian market. I skip the boring technical parts, right: "Dialing under the influence. Can't help but calling an ex, or even your boss, when you've had one too many? Simply dial blah blah blah when you're out on the town and we'll blacklist that number untill 6am the following morning. At just 25 cent a pop it's a small price to pay for peace of mind.".

Is Virgin taking the piss out of me? Is this for real? I'm afraid it is! They should save all the money people pay for this service and give away free fucking brain transplants for the poor sods that used this number!!! What do you mean this country doesn't have an alcohol problem?! I'm stunned.

So, at Office works we also bought a desklamp for our soon to become computer table. I'm very happy with it.

And to be able to bring order in my paper chaos I have bought a plastic container which can be used to hang folders in. Kinda like MS Windows but different.

"RACING"

"GRUMP"

In the evening Nic and I had dinner at Henley beach. There is a really nice and reasonably quiet square infront of the jetty with an amazing view.

The sun set during our dinner.

We finished with a lovely cappuccino.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool, Bolletje Kruidnoten! Yummie en geweldig dat je die daar ook kunt kopen, haha. Geniet ervan!

Tony heeft jullie bed echt super snel en mooi gemaakt! Buitengewoon goed en mooi vakwerk, kan niet anders zeggen.

Hebben jullie die auto trouwens gehuurd?

Vincent said...

@ Ilse: Nee, die auto hebben pa&ma Leist gekocht voor zichzelf. Hmmmm. Jaja. En ook half voor ons ;-)

Sneezer said...

what a wicked view. i got chills looking at the ocean sunset. i can even smell the ocean.

well done on the bed it looks amazing and huge!

virgin is hilarious and maybe they have a hotline for anger management as well.

im on my mac right now, i just thought i would give it a whirl and it started right up. power supply no?

Anonymous said...

Oh, dus die ene grijze toyota is ingeruild, begrijp ik. Of hebben ze er nu twee?

Vincent said...

@ Sn33z0r: I heard about the mac. Weird shit. The fect that it did turn on now only makes it more complicated. It can still be the power supply but there's still a lot of other possibilities.

@ Ilse: Ze hebben er 2 :-)

Friðvin said...

Vincent and Nicole: doing their part to keep the Australian economy healthy and robust!

:lol:

Friðvin said...

At just 25 cent a pop it's a small price to pay for peace of mind.".

I could really use something like this for blogs and comments -- from 8pm until 5am, blocked from posting and commenting. :-)

Vincent said...

@ Kona: I'm sure we can work something out ;-P