Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The comeback of Ned Kelly

"Tommo".

Today we went out in search of bedlinen which we didn't find because our mattresses have a standard size but finding a bedsheet that covers both at the same time is a whole different story. In the end we bought a pair of pillows. Pictured is the pillow section.

Back home Nicole's dad, Tony, was working on our bed again. It's coming along and it's looking fantastic. This here is the headboard.

The apricot tree is covered to keep the birds out. All the apricots turned yellow over the weekend!

Then we had to get some more varnish for the bed. So we went to Bunnings again.

Here we see Nicole in "blogging" action.

Finally Nicole found her pair of polarized glasses. It hasn't been easy to find a nice pair!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Vince,

you're integrating fast, was wondering what the ned Kelly reference was doing in the title, only to find out at the last picture.

Vincent said...

@ The G: We happened to drive past a pub called Ned Kelly today actually, which was when I found out who he was. It's a coincidence that we then ran into the welding mask ;-)

Gledwood said...

O Darth Nicole! I like it!!!

;->...

Sneezer said...

when will you start on the trains?

Anonymous said...

Leuke zonnenbril voor Nicole;-)

Vincent said...

@ Gled: Yeah, that's a nice reference too! Nic has a sore throat right now so Darth's voice shouldn't be a big problem right now either! ;-)

@ Sneezer: The track layout is about done now. I can start thinking of the table design any day now. Don't worry, I'll post every bit of the way on here!

@ Ilse: Mooi he :-)

Friðvin said...

Nicole in "blogging" action. LOL!

It's taking me some time to adjust to having a photo blog. My camera is rather large compared to some of the newer models, and I usually forget to take it. And when I do take it I feel really awkward and txrad says I look like a tourist which I HATE!

Vincent said...

@ Kona: Dude, I didn't know you had a photo blog! I'll be checking it out from now on though. I like the idea of posting google earth photo's too. I might do the same sometime ;-P (I think we share a fascination for maps, did you know Nicole and I have a frames world map that is 1 meter high and 2 metres wide?)

Friðvin said...

Nicole commented awhile back that you love maps. I've been obsessed with them ever since I was probably about 4 years old and had a US puzzle map, with each state being a single piece.

By the time I was 6 I think I probably knew the names and shapes of every state and the capital cities of each.

Vincent said...

@ Kona: Have you ever considered becoming a geography teacher?