Friday, December 7, 2007

The pancakes

Our usual morning routine often directly after waking up: check email and blogs. What can I say? Others read the paper or watch TV...

Blogging action again from Nicole. She's much more advanced than me. Also she smells a bloggortunity (blog-opportunity - I have to submit this to the urban dictionary!) from miles away...

Tony, Nicole's father, working with the speed of light.

Then, all of the sudden, after all this hard photographing I was hungry and decided to make some pancakes. I remembered I had bought 2 little jerry can-like containers of pancake mix. Add 3.75 ml of water and you're ready to rock and roll. I can do that you know? No sweat!

There we go, pancake nr. 3 or so. I like to use good solid butter instead of some oil. So I usually put a piece of butter on a fork and use that to grease the pan with.

All this effort resulted in a whopping pile of 7 pancakes.

Put pancake on plate, add cok... sugar to satisfaction...

And direct pancake into mouth and bite shut. I must add that I will never use this mix anymore. I didn't like them. They're the American kind. Incredible amounts of bubbles in them and they felt very greasy... Not a big success.

4 comments:

Sneezer said...

I'm not fond of american pancakes either, instead of flapjacks they should call them flopjacks.

kees said...

pannenkoeken mix, $3.95 en nog van Koopman(s) ook...

marian said...

er gaat niets boven KOOPMAN(S) pannekoeken mix, zal ik wat pakken opsturen!!!!
gr ma.

Vincent said...

@ Sn33z0r: Flopjacks they are!

@ Kees: W00T!! En ook nog meer granen! En nog veel meer lekkers uit de lage landen. Hmmmmmm :-)

@ ma: We kunnen al heel veel krijgen op de Central Market hier in Adelaide. Maar (zie commentaar van Kees) we kunnen het ook hier bestellen! :-)