Saturday, January 26, 2008

Australia day 2008

Self-acclaimed uber Aussie Gavin with his mini Aussie-flag.

We drove over to Trevors place early morning for a champagne breakfast. Trevor was working on some yummy pancakes here.

Nicole, Gav and Karin.

Karin, Sharon, Trevor and Nicole.

In the afternoon we all went our own way. Nic and I went for a drive along some coasttowns. The beaches were different again.

The tide spans a whopping piece of beach here.

One of the places we visited was Port Vincent.

If you can't stand flies, Australia is not the country for you my friend. But this sign I had not seen before.

"Duck" with a dog.

Gav having a good time under the Australian flag during the weber roast at Trevor's place.

While waiting for the roast to be cooked we walked down to see the beach.

Our shadows remind me of farmers. I like it very much.

2 comments:

Gledwood said...

yeah!

i LOVE that shadows pic!

re Australia Day...

I was saying to my friend only a bit earlier... how flattered I am that the Australians opted to keep the UNION JACK in the corner of their own flag... nice one!

I don't know about keeping the Queen though... I love the Queen as I'm a Brit... if I were Australian ... well I'm NOT Australian so I can't know HOW I'd feel ...

Vincent said...

@ Gled: Honestly I don't understand why they keep the union jack in their flag as there are not really any ties with the UK that justify it's usage i think.

And that whole queen thing.. They had a vote a few years ago on weather or not to ditch her and they voted in favour of the queen. This is somewhat ununderstandable as no one seems particularly fond of her.