Sunday, February 10, 2008

The 2008 Show & Shine

Today was the day of the 2008 Show & Shine. It's an exhibition of hot/street rods/machines here in Adelaide. People like cars here.

Nicole checking out an engine on wheels.

This kind of truck I would definately not mind driving one day.

Or this one...

This Dodge looked amazing and in perfect condition.

A stylish rod.

My favourite car of the show.

A Ford Mustang. I don't know much about cars so please don't ask me model and year ;-P

Some people can't have loud enough music. At least it's amusing to see.

This is aparently called a "Bird catcher" or "Bug cathcher". I know it lets air in but I'm still not entirely sure of it's functioning. Not even it's proper name.

This guy had a hotted up mini to drive Mr. Bean's toy-bear around.

*Growl*

There were quite a few cars.

The Chevy logo.

Nice line-up of beautiful oldtimers.

Nicole hanging out with the crew.

Someone here thinks Kia's are "COOL". You have to be fucking kidding me...

This, my little friends, is cool.

In the afternoon we were invited for a lunch at Gianna's. There were new people to mee. here we see Mel, Deb and Richard with Gianna's mom in the background. It was nice meeting them. Richard also was so kind to invite me to his lawnbowl team. They play every thursday and need someone extra sometimes. I reckon that's going to be good fun!

This is Greg, Gianna's boyfriend. Wonderful bloke. It was nice meeting him too.

After some amazing anti pasti's Richard fired up the barbie which resulted in a very nice and juicy well done steak that ended up on my plate.

Nicole, Greg and Gianna.

After this big day with beautiful cars and beautiful people I listened to beautiful radio. Oh yes; Radio Veronica still rocks!

6 comments:

marian said...

de rode mustang op nicole's blog, prachtig.

Friðvin said...

Mustang's are awesome! That's got to be one of the top "muscle cars" ever built in the US at least. The ones from the 60s are my favorite, aesthetically speaking. They rank way up there with the Aston Martin in terms of looks. But certainly not in price.

Anonymous said...

Gave auto's!

En dat etentje zag er gezellig uit. Leuk dat je mee gaat doen met lawnball:-) Misschien komt je korfbalcarriere je nog goed van pas;-)

Vincent said...

@ Ilse: Hmmm, lawnbowl is een soort jeu de boules. Ik weet niet of je dat met korfbal kan vergelijken ;-P

kees said...

"don't ask me model and year"
It is a 1971 Mach 1 Sportsroof.

Vincent said...

Thanks Mr. Encyclopedia!