Monday, February 11, 2008

More Ikea

I'd seen this magazine in the shop before but never looked at it really. Recently one of my Amsterdam mates, Kees, pointed it out to me as a possible source of interest. So I picked up a copy today to check it out. It's actually very nice and interesting. It's all about making little steam engines, fuel engines, model boats, -trains and -cars. In this first issue of 2008 (Jan/Feb) they actually start making (inc. blueprints) a proper model jet-engine. And there are lots of ads inside of company making model engineering equipment like lathes and mills etc. for very affordable prices! Exciting!

Here's Nicole in Ikea. Today went by pretty fast and I feel like I did nothing. But I did:
- Call my friends at HP to complain about our printer
- Go to the mall to pay bills
- Bought a magazine
- Go to Ikea, it was incredibly peaceful on a monday!
- Had lunch at Ikea (rather a pleasant adventure)
- Put Ikea stuff in the car
- Discover something is broken (before leaving Ikea thankfully)
- Quickly walk back to the shop
- Get a new one
- Wait 20 minutes at the counter because of dickheads before me
- Find some acrobatic way to get these 3 boxes in our car
- At home turn into an acrobat myself to get them out of the car
- And eventually I only put 1 out of 3 things together
- Did some emailing
- Cleaned out some more boxes
- Do blog

This is the cheap-ass bookcase I put together. AU $35 only. Bought 2 of these and a bedside table. I'll make those tomorrow. I'm going to be thrilled with the space I'm sure.

2 comments:

marian said...

wat een bekende boeken op de 2e plank, is die kast zo smal van onderen en breed van boven??

Vincent said...

@ Ma: Nee hoor, die kast is overal even smal.

Volgens mij horen er nog meer boeken in die serie. Misschien dat ik die via marktplaats bij elkaar kan schrapen.