Monday, March 17, 2008

The St. Patricks Day

In the morning I let Mason in to cool down a bit. Temperatures reached 40.5C today. You can't really leave your pet outside in this kind of weather.

He likes to lie down under our desk. Why do dogs prefer to lie close to your feet and not next to your chair?

We went into town around noon to go to the cinema. We saw the new Coen Brothers movie called "No country for old men". It was very nice but the end was a bit too abrupt I think. According to Nicole this was totally in the spirit of the novel that the movie was based on. Illiterate as I am I wouldn't be able to tell... Anyway, I took this and the following two photo's as we walked out of the parking garage. I'm always scared to get electrocuted there...





Walking back to our car we passed this mural. I can't believe how many murals there are in this city. Stories have it that the girl on the bicycle was actually painted over because people had complained about the old man on the left giving her a pervy look... Insane.

From the parking garage we could see this top floor of some building that was converted into a pubby area including a bar and toilet. Pretty cool.

And then it was time for a pint o' Guinness! It's Saint Patricks day today so I gotta have some!

We went to the Daniel O Connel.

On the way home we did some shopping. Women's handbags are getting bigger and bigger on a daily basis these days.

In the mall is also an italian deli where I spotted this box with a familiar name on it ;-)

Finally, a picture from Google Earth showing Gepps Cross, an intersection down the road. It's a bit retarded here. You can go in ANY direction from WHERE EVER you come from with ONE exception. Coming from the South, you are not (anymore) allowed to turn right. Instead, you have to cross semi-right, do a U-turn and turn left. Handy eh?

3 comments:

Gledwood said...

Yes! Any excuse for a drink, Vincent. I know!!

Bloody hell, it's everywhere! But most especially Down Under and in Canada, not here! Though our Google HAS gone bright green with 4-leafed clovers etc in slurry celebration...

Friðvin said...

Illiterate. That makes two of us. I haven't read a novel since... oh, nevermind. You were probably just a lad. There's too many self-help books out there for me to waste time on NOVELS! :lol:

That intersection scares me somewhat. Especially that right turn, which in the States would be a no-brainer since we drive on the right. I keep trying to imagine something like here where I'd need to make a left turn. Unless there are traffic lights I'd probably opt for the u-turn.

We don't have "roundabouts" here except I've seen them in Boston which is a more European town anyway. Those things make me sick, especially if the cars are going fast. JUST.LET.ME.OFF...NOW.

:lol:

Vincent said...

@ Gled: It's not like that! Honestly! *grin*

@ Kona: I had to laugh when I read the self help books thing, funny :-)

Roundabouts are very functional i think. They make traffic flow SO much better. If they make you sick, you should really try and stick to less than 1 time round mate ;-)