Friday, April 18, 2008

The lunch

Early morning (8am) we went into town with the bus to find out what that was like in preparation for my first working day on Monday. It went well but I have to say that there's a school holiday on this week so no kids. We'll see on Monday I guess...

We made an early trip to the Central Market. here Nicole is browsing vegetables in her favorite asian grocery store.

Later in the morning, after we'd been at home for an hour again, we drove into town. Walking out of the parking garage we saw Adelaide's only solar powered bus getting juiced up. You hardly hear this bus, it's wonderful.

We were meeting Michelle and Stephen for lunch. While waiting these 2 asian girls walked past wearing typical asian-girls outfits. My luck of course that there's a bloody pole in front of the right girl...

Stephen measuring the amount of radio-activity while waiting for Michelle.

Michelle (left) in heavy conversation with Nicole. We had lunch at a chinese restaurant type of place. it was time very well spent!


Special addition: The Bocconcini.



The following 4 photo's are made especially for my 2 fellow guild members from World of Warcraft called Badooga and Wilhelmina.

Preparing the bocconcini. It's just very thinly (and I mean THIN) sliced prosciutto wrapped around a bocconcini cheese. Put them in a tray after greasing the bottom with olive oil.

Put it in an oven at about 200 degrees C and wait about 5-7 minutes (I think) until the cheese starts to melt.

When the cheese start to seriously melt, get it out of there. You want the cheese to stay chewy.

Drizzle some olive oil over the bocconcini's and add some oregano to your liking. Eat while they're hot!

5 comments:

kees said...

Kun je met de bus rechtstreeks naar je werk of moet je overstappen? En hoe lang doe je er over van deur tot deur?

Hoe is het OV trouwens in het algemeen in Adelaide; een beetje te doen of is het niet zo'n dicht grid als in A'dam?

Friðvin said...

It went well but I have to say that there's a school holiday on this week so no kids.

:-) I almost left a comment at Nicole's blog before I came over to this one. I wanted to say the "test runs" always go more smoothly than the real thing.

Friðvin said...

And regarding that quiet bus you can hardly hear being "wonderful" -- that's true except you definitely have to look before stepping into the street! Otherwise it might not be so wonderful!

Vincent said...

@ Kees: Het is rechtstreeks, geen overstap. Duurt zo'n 30 minuten van deur tot deur.

Ik denk dat het niet zo dicht is als A'dam. Er zijn ook enkel bussen en 1 miezerig tramlijntje.

@ Kona: I heard those concerns before, about quiet electric vehicles. Did you know there is already at least one company who makes soundmodules for electric cars? You can make your electric car sound like a F1 car or a Ferrari or whatever. Imagine the possibilities!

Friðvin said...

Oh my God that's funny. It reminds me of the cell phone ringtones I've heard that sound like the actual bell in the old telephones! :lol:

I love those!