Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My new career

The city view on my way to work in "Taxi Nicole".

At my work we have a coffee machine. It apparently cost AU$700. For some reason every second time I go there it wants me to do something with it. Fill the water tank, empty the used coffee bin, clean the used coffee bin, add more beans, re-attach the water filter that came loose, clean the internal coffee brew mechanism or sometimes it just cocks up on a stuck bloody coffee bean. I get coffee twice a day so every day there is something of the above that needs doing. Today was BIG clean up time of the internal brewing mechanism. I was lucky to get some actual programming time in today.

At least after today I can add "certified coffee machine mechanic" to my resume :-)

3 comments:

kees said...

The coffee machine problem's solution is easy: just say to your colleague "Hey, [insert name], will you get me a coffee too?" when he goes to get his coffee.

Anonymous said...

That's why I only drink water at work :)

Jolanda

Anonymous said...

Wat een kleine machine voor zoveel geld! Schaf een grotere aan, van Douwe Egberts natuurlijk, en je hoeft hem minder vaak bij te vullen;-)