Monday, June 23, 2008

Soup

For lunch I went to the soup nazi again. They had a soup with a funny name. All I remember was that it started with "Mulliga".. and then something weird. No joke! Ah! "Tawny"! It's called "Mulligatawny". And guess what? It was used in the Soup nazi episode of seinfeld. It has curry, lentils, vegetables and chicken meat in it amongst other things I couldn't identify. See also the wikipedia link.

Anyway, I first ordered the soup on the right, a roasted vegetable soup. Then I just asked about the Mulligatawny out of curiosity and they gave me half a cup to try for FREE! How nice is that? May good karma come their way :-)

After work we went to P.J. O'Brien's again for a drink and a bite. I tried the cottage pie and it was very good. So were the fat chips (from REAL potatoes) and Guinness gravy and the garlic bread.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds nice, but I don't eat meat... soup nazi? is that the name of the store or is it a brand?? In Amsterdam they have "Soep enzo", but then again, one couldn't use the word "nazi" as a store name here ofcourse ;)

Vincent said...

@ Kitty: Nah, "soup nazi" is from an episode of the TV series called Seinfeld, not very popular in Holland. I never went to Soep enzo while living in A'dam. I think calling a store "nazi" wouldn't go well in A'dam...

Gledwood said...

I thought you said Nazi soup at first rather than soup Nazi (in the end what's the difference to the final produce anyway..??)

you are right yes it used to be at least x2 a day usually double that though it tended to fit into 3 daily "episodes" of morning, late afternoon and night time. and sometimes around 4am as well!!

I did tell the methadone clinic how well I had done even a while ago as I was no longer waking up HAVING to take that stuff just to be OK to start a day let alone do anything in it. But they only grudgingly listened to me... wanting to hear about sheer miracles, surely!

marian said...

soup nazi, smaakt vast niet lekker, ziet er ook niet uit!!!

pa haalt morgen de inentingen voor moldavie.
gr ma.

kees said...

Fat chips? You better watch out, Australia has overtaken the US as the fattest nation in the world. See http://tinyurl.com/462y2t

Vincent said...

@ Gled: Sheesh, those clinic people ain't the most interested of people than eh? :-/

@ ma: Die soepen zijn best goed hoor. Ze zijn nog biologisch ook geloof ik.

@ Kees: Met "Fat" hebben ze het over de grootte. Ze maken betere patatten dan de Belgian beer bar hier in de stad. En ze zijn helemaal niet zo vet.