Monday, June 30, 2008

Shiny balls

The coffee gods were good to me today. Or maybe it was because of the email my colleague sent out to everyone after my big coffee machine cleanup extravaganza. Who knows? It was ready to roll and it made me a good cuppa Joe too. Something probably goes very wrong next time...

The morning was miserable. A storm started right after Nic came back from the toilet at 4 AM. We feared mostly for the two cockies outside. We tried to give them shelter but it also increased the surface that the wind can blow on and thus it increases the risk of the cages to be blown over. Anyway, after 4 AM we didn't really sleep much also because a banging sound that reminded us of parts of a roof being ripped off somewhere. On top of that we had to get up at 6:45 because it was Nic's first day at work and they have an early meeting every Monday etc. etc. Whilst leaving the house I heard that banging sound again and went to investigate. It was created by two f&@*!ng lemons bigger than tennis balls banging against the metal plated fence. Beauty. On the way to work we even got some hail. It was all very unpleasant. By lunch time the sun was out again.

After work I walked to the pub again. As I passed the mall's balls I noticed the little lights below it. I've always wanted to see them on but it was never dark enough.

Aren't they pretty? They weren't always there we think. I can't remember seeing them before we arrived this time.

I was desperate for my fix of Magners Irish cider and ordered a bottle of it. It fits exactly one pint. Very exciting when pouring because you can pour it out fast and everybody who doesn't know will think you're gonna spill it hehe. Yes, I know, it's a dark photo. Maybe it will improve when I buy my iPhone... IF I buy one...

Driving through town on our way home. Pretty lights everywhere. It's very nice to have a drink and a meal after work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mooie lichten bij de twee ballen! Trouwens; die twee ballen zijn ook mooi.

Hier is het prachtig weer, overmorgen wordt het 30 graden. Lekker zo tijdens de zomervakantie van Cassi:-)

kees said...

@Ilse: 30 graden met onweer...
@Vincent: Inderdaad leuk die ballen. Zijn het ledjes in de grond?

Vincent said...

@ Ilse, Kees: Onweer is mooi :-) Ik heb geen studie gemaakt van die lichtjes maar ik vermoed het wel. Hoge lichtopbrengst en erg zuinig en ook nog eens erg klein.