Sunday, June 29, 2008

Tennis/clouds/switch

It was time for some sporty business again today. Stephen and I stepped on to the tennis court for some tennis action. Here you see me focussing on where to plant the ball in Steve's court.

Despite all my planning I found my game mediocre and I gave half of my games away in unforced errors. Incredibly frustrating. Steve won the one set match with a score of 7-5. At least we hopefully burned some fat today...

To celebrate that we can sweat for someone else's profit again tomorrow we went out for dinner. I drove us to Henley where we went to "Evida", an Italian restaurant/cafe that we discovered last weekend. On the way there the sky was set on fire by the setting sun. Stunning.


The place was nice, the food was nice and there were a LOT of people. Some kid had his christening and his mom turned 40. They were Italian. They were also rather loud. At one point my left ear actually starting making a noise of it's own. Thankfully only for half a minute. We still had a good time nevertheless.

When we came home I put a switch in the wire of the little christmas lights. It made Nicole very happy. I was thrilled as well.

4 comments:

kees said...

An hour of tennis burns about 500 kcal. A pizza is about 700 kcal...

Vincent said...

Of course I used energy for other things as well so that's OK ;-)

Anonymous said...

Die wolken... echt prachtig! Ik heb ze zo nog nooit gezien, is het een speciaal iets met het weer ofzo?

Vincent said...

@ Ilse: Niets bijzonders hoor. Maar ze kleuren maar heel kort oranje-rood want de zon gaat snel onder tegenwordig.