Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The meat balls

I came across one of the freakiest bugs I have seen in my IT career so far today. We were thinking about buying this 3rd party web control. It's a drop down list. You know, like a list of countries. You click the arrow on the side and it folds open a list. Now, I work with 2 screens and was testing this on my right screen, which is the secondary one. The control wouldn't work. Not even the samples from the maker's website. I started looking into this before the weekend and had also emailed the maker to ask what's up with not working on my computer (and 2 other colleagues' computers). He wrote back something about a bug in Internet Explorer and dual screens, not specifying what exactly. Out of sheer desperation I moved my browser window to my left, primary, screen and behold, it bloody worked!

The above picture shows the drop down list in the middle of my 2 screens. When I click it, the list is displayed entirely on the left screen only using half the width of the control. It will NOT show on my right screen. Bizarre.

When I left work I ran into piano-man again. He's cool.

The view behind me as I was waiting for the bus. Nicole can't pick me up anymore because she works a little later than me.

Crossing through the park lands in the bus.

I got off at the shopping centre to buy a block of butter. I also bought to boxes of tissues and 3 pair of socks. Because of the latter we can now postpone washing clothes till the weekend.

I walked home as it was getting dark quickly. This is what people see when they run into me ;-P

The tennis courts close to our house. Unfortunately it's a private club and not open for public. Bastards...

I made meatballs tonight. Big, round giant Dutch meatballs. And as with all super-food we start by melting a big block of butter ;-)

Raw meat "Before" picture. It's about half a kilo of minced meat. I added salt, black pepper, paprika powder, currie powder, 1 egg and fine, dry bread crumbs.

Raw meat "After" picture. 5 lean mean balls of meat.

When you're done rolling, the butter should've almost melted.

Put the balls into the melted, hot butter and brown the outside nicely.

When the outside has been sealed you can add half a litre of water and put the lit on.

The meat balls have to simmer for about 30 minutes so why not crack open some wine?

30 minutes later they are done. Oh, did you notice one is missing in the picture above?

Here it is! In my sandwich. I really need to get some applesauce, maybe tomorrow.

7 comments:

kees said...

Was het niet 'maandag gehaktdag'? Ze zien er in ieder geval lekker uit.

Vincent said...

@ Kees: Volgens mij is dat woensdag... Ze zijn lekker ja maar wel wat droog. Komt denk ik omdat ik super mager gehakt heb gebruikt. Volgens Nicole scheelt het stukken als je er geraspte wortel door heen doet. Of eten met appelmoes he. Hopelijk morgen :-)

Anonymous said...

Zien er goed uit, die gehaktballen!

Gledwood said...

I really ought to do some cooking someday soon...

... hey those pixx look like Toronto or somewhere. Far more than the Adelaide I "know"...

ps did you know I was nearly BORN in Adelaide..??

absolutely 100% true!!

kees said...

Als ze te droog zijn moet je de volgende keer half om half gebruiken.

Vincent said...

@ Ilse: Dank je wel :-)

@ Gled: No I didn't. Pity you weren't. I think it's nicer here ;-P

@ Kees: Ja, maar dat staat lijnrecht tegenover het streven om mager vlees te gebriken...

Anonymous said...

If I were you, I would insert a small block of cow's cheese into the meatball before putting into a pot of melting butter.