Saturday, September 27, 2008

Crackerjack

The bowls have arrived. This is my own, personal set of bowls, in appropriate orange (part because I'm Dutch and part because I like bowls with a bright colour) with a shark emblem on it. I guess I can now be called the "Dutch Shark" on the green :-)

For the bowlers amongst us: They are Taylor Vector VS type 4 bowls. (Taylor bowls are made in Scotland)

See me in front of the shop on Nicole Mobile Blog.

Then it was off to the RAA to get a membership out before our trip to Melbourne next week. It was very warm and we had a drink next door.

Next up was clothes shopping at Tea tree plaza. We walked in through Myer and had a chat with Sharon. I forgot to take a picture unfortunately but it was nice seeing her again. Myer has setup for Christmas!

While Nicole looked for clothes I walked around a bit. It's a BIG mall on two levels.

Eventually I sat down in front of the Foot Locker and made the following shots:























And then Nicole came back, all shopped up.

After a quick visit at home to drop off our stuff we headed down to the beach. It was just too nice weather to stay at home. I just HAD to get wet feet :-)

Nicole watching but later she'd come in too :-)

Hmmmm..... the sea.

In the little dunes that they have here there were purple flowers...

... and yellow ones.

And this one is in our garden. No idea what it is.

In the evening I watched a movie called Crackerjack. It's about a lawn bowl club. I'm starting bowls this Wednesday and I needed to prepare. I can now do a "flipper".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Flower in our garden is called CLIVIA :)
Gr.
Vicky.

Anonymous said...

Ik heb vast een zandkorrel in mijn oog of een zonnesteek, want ik zag een kerstboom in een van je foto's...

't ken te gek ook hé.

Vincent said...

@ Vicky: Thanks :-)

@ Ilse: Nee, dit is echt. Je gelooft het toch gewoon niet? En deze winkel is niet eens de enige...

Anonymous said...

Wat erg!