Saturday, September 20, 2008

My new helmet

Today was my first day that I drove the car as a P-plater. P-platers are the most loathed drivers in Adelaide. This is because most of them are 16.5 years old, full of hormones and have no clue about responsible driving.

First on today's list was a visit to one or two lawn bowl shops to look for... lawn bowls! On the way there we met Karin and Gavin who drove up along side. When Nicole told them we were going to the lawn bowl shop Gav wanted to come along so they followed us. They didn't have the bowls that I want in stock so I'll have to order some next week. Hopefully I'll have them in time for the start of the season which is in two weeks.

After the lawn bowl hunt we drove to Bunnings where I got a VERY pleasant surprise. I finally found the bloody melamine panels that I have been looking for ever since we arrived. Maybe it's new because Bunnings is undergoing a major overhaul at the moment.

Major overhaul indeed...

At home I had to do some minor DIY. First I made a monitor stand to take to work. And also I finally finished the drawers in the Ikea cupboard by putting the knobs on.

While doing all this I listened to some Dutch music. This song must be about me :-)

Yesterday I bought a bicycle helmet. In this country they made a retarded law that bicyclists must wear a helmet. Because that will protect you from being hit and squashed by a truck who didn't see you coz you were in it's blind spot.

Anyway, no ordinary helmet for me.

This is the back. It has to match the Choppermeister d'luxe of course :-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dat je er geen duivelse hoorntjes opzet, dat staat nog cooler;-)

En zo'n helm helpt vast tegen het vrachtwagenwiel dat je hoofd wilt gaan pletten omdat jij in de dode hoek fietst.
Ach... baat het niet, schaadt het niet. Hij staat je in ieder geval goed.

Vincent said...

@ Ilse: Het schaadt wel. het wordt erg warm onder die helm en het ziet er niet uit. Je hebt een harses als een champignon. En ik heb wel gedacht aan hoorns maar ik wil geen risico lopen dat er wat van gezegt wordt omdat anderen er mee verwond kunnen worden of zo.
Maar goed, dit is het beste wat ik kon vinden.

Friðvin said...

Where's the Porsche?

Anonymous said...

Funny law they have in Australia. Have been riding my bike for over 30 years and didn't fall on my head once. Not even when I was hit by a car a couple of years ago. I flew over the hood, feel on the ground but not one scratch on my head. I did bruise almost every other part of my body though so maybe you should wear body armour as well...

Jo

CRAIG said...

As difficult as it is to get your drivers license in Australia I'm surprised they don't make you wear the helmut while on "P" plates.

Vincent said...

@ Jo: Exactly my point.

@ Craig: Try getting your license in The NL. It will cost you 10 times more and the test is a lot harder.

CRAIG said...

I'd be afraid to drive in NL because of all the bloody bicycles and trams!