Saturday, February 7, 2009

Fresh air, finally.

It was hot all night. We had everything closed trying to keep the cool air inside. It worked until about 6 AM. We can't keep the air conditioner running through the night because it kinda has the same noise level as a small aircraft taking off. And hence we got up at 6 AM. We had the air conditioner running all day because temperatures soared towards 41C today. But then, in the afternoon, the cool change came! You have to understand that in circumstances like our, Australians LIVE for the cool change. As I'm typing this, it's 8 PM and we now have the door open and the temperature in here is only 26C. A few hours ago it was still 35C outside. Also we can breathe fresh air again. This is important because I did some soldering today creating not so nice fumes.

Since I was indoors all day I only have boring pictures:

I worked on some electronic part for my model trains.

It's a block occupancy detector. It will tell me if a certain stretch of track is occupied by a train. I need this information because I'm planning to let everything run automated in the future and then the controlling computer relies on information like this.

No comments: