Sunday, February 1, 2009

Church

First of all: Happy birthday Danny! :-)

This morning I went to church. After making a large donation, God rewarded me with about 200 electronic components of all sorts which I will use to build 20 track-occupancy detectors for my model railroad.

After church I went to work. Only for four hours. I wanted to make my work for the next week a bit less stress full so I did some today. It's boiling hot anyway so you don't really go out.

At 14:40 Nicole picked me up again and we did go to Chocolate @ No. 5 in Hahndorf though. It was a nice break. When the heat forces you to stay indoors all week you really need a break after a while.

On the way home we picked up some char-grilled chicken and some chips. It was actually very nice. Char-grilled chicken isn't very fatty either so that's good.

5 comments:

kees said...

Is it cooler in the Hahndorf hills or about the same?

Vincent said...

@ Kees: Usually it's between 2-5 degrees cooler. But when it hits 40 it's hard to tell the difference.

Anonymous said...

Hey there You !
heard it was scorchingly hot in Adelaide, and immediately thought of you..!

We're doing a nice (sub)zero temperature here...

Greetz, Sanne

Anonymous said...

Thanks Vinz! The gods decided to reward me for sticking it out 'till 43 with a nice throat infection, so now I'm home sipping tea with honey and lemon and trying to keep up with my marking before the next onslaught of tests. Adelaide temperatures were on the news here, including resulting casualties. In the mean time I'M KNI(oops capslock) tting Finnish mittens which I hope to finnish before this frost ends...

Vincent said...

@ Sanne: It's firkin hot. But one week of this is better than six months of cold, wet, darkness that is The NL.

@ Danny: Oh noes! What you need is some sunshine! I haven't been sick once since I arrived here. *knock on wood*