Saturday, January 31, 2009

Lunch with Mohit

Mohit invited us over to have lunch at his place today. He has a little cockatiel of 14 weeks old.

This is the car he bought recently. It's in a pretty good state considering it's 11 years old.

Mohit and Nicole discussing car details, or something.

Mohit got up early and had been coking from 7:30 in the morning. He's a good cook.

His little bird likes a mirror.

We also watched half of a Bollywood movie which, much to my surprise, I actually enjoyed. It was about this guy...

... and this very pretty girl.

Later my colleague Dale and his girl friend Chantal also joined us. It was nice meeting Chantal.

Our gracious and (overly ;-) hospitable host Mohit.

When we came home it was still 38C outside. I tried a new cooling technique by sticking my head in a Woolworths cooling bag. It didn't work.

2 comments:

Gledwood said...

I don't know if you ever saw the Judge Judy episode with the fractious black woman getting ever more angry (as she retold evidence) about an argument she had on the day of the alleged confrontation about the difference between a cockatiel and a cockatoo. Plus she got it wrong.

I wish my life could be permanent enough to have a pet parrot.

Vincent said...

@ Gled: Haven't seen it. Also I have no idea about the differences. To me, they're all birds :-)