Monday, October 5, 2009

The last Hahndorf visit

We drove to Hahndorf today, through the Adelaide Hills.

This store sells moving Christmas stuff. I like these things. I can see myself making something like this myself some day when I'm retired maybe ;-)

Fishing for Dutch tourists...

This didgeridoo costs $1200. It's absolutely stunning and it has a fantastic sound. It is for sale in Ancient Earth, an indigenous art shop in Hahndorf where I like to go. I bought some glass art today and some clap sticks for someone to play together when I play the didgeridoo.

And then I saw this. The Triumph Rocket III. In it's natural, wild habitat. I L O V E this bike.

We had coffee at Chocolate @ No. 5 twice today but only once did I have the waffle.

Inside Chocolate @ No. 5.

We drove home through the hills as well. Windy roads ahead.

Overlooking Adelaide.

In the evening we went to Vili's for one last time.

They changed the whole inside! The bar is longer.

And the seating area is much bigger with all new tables and chairs. Very comfy chairs too!

4 comments:

CRAIG said...

Wow I chcked out the shop and thy have some beautiful things! I could go crazy shopping.

Anonymous said...

We have a Hahndorf's chocolate shop in Newtown - http://www.hahndorfs.com.au/aboutus.html - but I'm not sure if it is related to the one you guys go to in Adelaide. Ours sells chocolates and has a small tea room but they don't serve the kind of pastries that yours does.

Anyway, when you get back to Am'dam, you HAVE to go to my favorite chocolatiers, Pucinni (on the Staalstraat) and try their sereh (lemongrass) and marsepein/fig pralines... I wish I could order them online and have them sent to me.

Groetjes,
Angeli

Vincent said...

@ Angeli: Been there, done that ;-) Hey, if you want to I can try sending you some but I really don't know if they will travel well...

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I'll send you my snail mail details. Jaunts in Am'dam were never the same without purchasing a treat or two from Pucinni.

Enjoy your last days in Oz... I don't envy your return to the cold.

Hugs,
Angeli