Friday, October 9, 2009

My last day in Australia.

Dear blog reader,

This is a special entry because it is my last full day in this beautiful land that is Australia. It is with sadness that I leave this country behind but I am very excited about seeing my family and friends again soon.

Tomorrow Nicole and I fly to Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia where we will stay for three days. Arrival in The Netherlands is scheduled for Tuesday morning 6:30.

V.


There were NO clouds this morning. Beautiful sky.

Not that Mason cared much.

I went to Tandanya this morning to learn more about the indigenous people of Australia. But instead of a museum, it was more an art exhibition. It was still very intersting. Especially the session at noon was very nice. There was an Aboriginal man playing the didgeridoo. That was my highlight of the day.

After the session I walked through the park to the pub where I met Nicole and some ex-colleagues of her. In the park I was attacked bu this beast! It cam running for me, hissing. But when I stopped walking, it also stopped one metre away from me. The funniest thing was that when I walked away from it, it actually came right for me! It was so funny. It pecked me on my ankle once, which was nothing more than just a tickle. And then it jumped back again. Probably to see me squirm in pain and agony from it's vicious attack! Well, too bad, because I nearly pissed myself laughing instead. Cute. I love animals so much :-)

The taps were frozen at the pub. You see that everywhere here.

My Coopers dark ale. Hmmmmmmm.

Late afternoon we went to Henley beach.

We wanted to have our last meal together, just the two of us, at our favourite restaurant.

Which is, the Thai Orchid.

Blog the blogger.

Because our internet connection is screwed in the phone exchange we went to Evida after dinner to have coffee AND internet.

That's kinda how I feel right now.

8 comments:

Cassie said...

Hoi Vincent,

Ik hoop dat jullie een goede vlucht zullen hebben.

Tot dinsdag.

Groetjes Cassie

munchie said...

All the best mate. I hope you take away many happy memories of your time in Australia.

And if I ever make it to Amsterdam again, you can be assured that I will have a tennis racquet in my suitcase. I'm sure we won't have to play in 35.C degree heat again. :-)

See you on Facebook!

Anonymous said...

Happy trails and all the best... Hope the transition home goes smoothly. I'll be thinking of you and sending you good thoughts.

Hugs,
Angeli

Anonymous said...

Hey Broertje!

Goede reis en sterkte met afscheid nemen, je laat een deel van je leven achter, dat is niet niks.

Goede reis nogmaals, geniet van jullie tijd in Kuala Lumpur en tot dinsdag, ik kijk er erg naar uit!

Anonymous said...

Goede reis terug Vince!!

Jolanda

Vincent said...

@ All: Thank you :-)

@ Stephen: I do take a LOT of very good memories with me. Our tennis games are amongst those my friend :-)

Gledwood said...

GOOD LUCK WITH THE FUTURE...

;->...

SORRY IT DIDN'T WORK OUT DOWN UNDER ...

Vincent said...

@ Gled: Thanks mate. Life doesn't always go the way you plan it.