Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Rundle Street pigs

My new mobile office. Today I inquired for a new 24" iMac. The shop has 1 in stock so I might get one soon. Haven't decided 100% yet as it's a very big expense.

Temperatures were rather pleasant again. This was around 1PM. There is a very big downside to this I have to tell you btw: mosquito's. During the past 3 days I have already been stung 7 times. What can I say, I guess they want to be my best friends...

Mozzies or no mozzies, with sites like this they're easily forgotten. The city was once again bathing in sun.

Nicole and I went to get lunch while in town. We went into a food court. That's something you don't really see in The Netherlands.

Food courts are often in the basement of a big shopping mall and they dedicated that floor to lots of little snackbars/take-away's with each their own sitting area. Some places sell rather decent food actually.

Outside again walking through Rundle Street. We had to see the little piggies of course. They are 4 bronze sculptures of pigs, only 2 are shown.

The view through Rundle Street.

We had a drink while waiting for Nic's parents to come pick us up as they were in town as well. Needless to say someone was very happy with her diet coke today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Vinz,
Happy and warm I see.
:-)

Vincent said...

Hey Joycie! Yes, it's beautifull here. If this is only spring I think I'm afraid of the summer ;-)

Say hi to Ray for us please:-)

munchie said...

Weather bureau's forecast for Adelaide for the next 7 days...
from www.bom.gov.au/weather/sa/

Thursday, Dry. Min 15 Max 34 [this means good drinking weather, so nearest Irish pub it is!]

Friday, Dry. Min 19 Max 35 [don't expect to get a seat outside any pub in town Friday afternoon]

Saturday, Mainly dry. Min 20 Max 33 [not sure what 'mainly dry' means... we're definitely not expecting rain].

Sunday, Mainly dry. Min 16 Max 36

Monday, Dry. Sunny [really?] Min 22 Max 37

Tuesday, Dry. Mostly sunny. Min 23 Max 39

Wednesday, Cloud increasing. Min 26 Max 38

Hats off to you both for coping well in what seems like the hottest and mainly driest (?) Spring on record (surely).

:-P

Anonymous said...

Of course mosquitoes love you, foreign food and there's a lots of it. :P

Vincent said...

@ Munchie: yeah, the weather is crazy. I can't wait to get a place of my own and install solar panels. That way I can have the airconditioner on all the time without the worry of being a burden on the electricitygrid!

@ Crey: Haha, you are so right! I love foreign food as well. I hope they get used to me soon though ;-)