Sunday, May 25, 2008

Deuce

After I slept in till about 9:30 (I played WoW until 1 am) and had breakfast I mowed the front lawn. This is the "before" picture.

And this is the "after" picture.

Then in the afternoon I hit a few balls with Karin who consistently keeps beating me and also today kicked yours truly's ass by 6-4. The first 6 or 7 games ended up in a deuce, unreal and a bit annoying not to mention tiring ;-P

I was often left standing how the ball flew by as she (is it the new super light weight racket?) hit a hard one on the outside of the court...

To get some driving time in I drove to town and back. I now have about 2500 of the 3000 required minutes. When I have the 3000 minutes (50 hours) I can do my test and get my P plates :-)

Magically we ended up in a Thai restaurant...

What a discovery that was! This one is a real winner where we will definitely go back to. Nicole was happy to be there.

Sorry I took this photo after a few bites. I had chicken satay for starters and steamed rice with chicken fillet with vegetables and honey sauce. It was de-li-cious.

Afterwards we walked around a bit and had a bonus discovery! Irish pub P.J. O'Briens'. It felt good inthere. The Scottish waiter told us that most staff was Irish and that it took a scottsman to control them ;-) We will be coming back here too I think. Unfortunately I couldn't drink Guinness since I was driving.

3 comments:

kees said...

Trimming the grass: you need to get into the borders with your nailclippers!

P.J. O'Brien's looks like a nice dark-brown pub; the sort where you don't want to leave once you're in.

Vincent said...

@ Kees: That is exactly how it felt. Lots of cosy corners or sitting places. They have a menu that looks like I will be checking it out soon ;-) They have bottles of Magners too! Modern-ish music, not too loud. Also a very long bar but cut in bits, so plenty of bar sitting to do as well. And it's of course smoke-free ;-)

Come on down and we'll have a few pints :-)

Anonymous said...

Dat avondeten ziet er heerlijk uit!