Friday, May 16, 2008

Hello big office

Mason was stunned when I told him I had to leave...

Today we had both kinds of Dutch weather in Adelaide...

... wet, and grey.

Arriving at my new office the moving truck was unloading. (The old office is about 500 metres away from our new one...

Someone was making pictures of me while checking out the truck.

The first steps into our new office. This is the reception area. Very spacious. Nick, our IT guy from Perth was working hard to get our connection with the mothership back online.

This is the view most colleagues have out of their front windows.

Or this view. It's nice when you can look outside. In The NL, the law actually states that every employee should have direct outside light coming into his or her office. You can't lawfully be put away in a room without a window, not even in prison I think.

So this is the view that I and 2 other colleagues have. The door post. No windows.

Now that I'm writing this I think I know why that alcove is there. We can hang up a poster inside and make it look like a window! I know, I'm a genius.

This is my colleagues Marc's desk. He's sitting behind me. The beautiful blue walls are supposed to create a more "personal" space for us. It's not quite like cubicles. Just as ugly nevertheless. I do not think they are contributing in any positive way really so I may start a little chat about that.

Don't laugh, this is my desk. It's temporary! Only until the desk they ordered for me comes in.

And then it was time for me to go home again. I waited for Nicole to pick me up.

On the way home we stopped at our local Italian restaurant to get a pizza.

No comments: