Saturday, May 17, 2008

Peekaboo!

Mason spent the day at our place today and he got a treat.

My bonsai is sick mon. For some reason it's dieing since 2 weeks now. I can't bring it back to life. Unless this is normal and it's just dropping leaves coz it's getting colder now. But I don't believe this type of tree should do this. It's a bit of a pity.

The mandarins are coming along. When we came here 6 months ago they were dark green and pea-sized. Give them another 3 months and I guess they can be eaten...

I have to make a prototype of a part of my coffee table train track. I'm not very experienced with these things and I want to prepare well. At least I know how to operate this machine so that's one worry less.

I cleaned up a bit in Tony's workshop. I like to be tidy. I even swiped the floor when I was done. Something they taught me in school and I feel better in a tidy workshop.

In between we went to Bunnings for supplies and then to Office works and then to the mall where we saw this car.

I needed to draw big circles. Hardcore DIY-ers will tell you to use a piece of wire. Or to get one piece of wood with a nail at one end and a hole for a pencil at the other end.

Somehow those solutions sound too shonky to me and therefore I decided to make a giant compass. It took a few hours and details can be viewed here. It works perfect and it was fun to make!

This photo is for Kees. He recently inquired if I took this hat with me or if I ditched it before flying here. Granted, I could have taken something more useful with me on my journey but hey, I like the hat :-)

Peekaboo!

No comments: