Sunday, May 11, 2008

The magic mushrooms

Sunday is garden action day! Nicole mowed the back and I did the front. It's quite nice with our little hand mower.

I found 2 little mushrooms in the front garden, hiding in the grass. This one is tiny but for some reason it makes me think it's poisonous. The photo doesn't show well but it was bright yellow and shiny. That's begging to be licked.

And there was also this mushroom that I unfortunately drove over before I saw it (yeah, I felt it bump up the mower ;-P ). It looks more eatable than the other one.

In the afternoon Stephen and I crossed our tennis rackets again. Contrary to last Sunday, today victory was mine! We left it at 2 sets in my favor: 7-5 (come back from 0-3) and 6-2. It was THE best match I have ever played. Steve, it's OK if you want to blame it on the mandarin ;-P Thanks for a great match, it was most enjoyable!

In the evening we drove to Henley and Vili's. That way I got in some good night-driving time. If any of you readers ever come to visit us, we'll definitely take you to this magical place of food stuffs :-)

When we came home I Skyped with my mom.

I bought her flowers which my dad got for me, thanks dad :-)

4 comments:

Friðvin said...

We sometimes have a mushroom along the path out back near the gate that looks like a pink penis. I can't imagine the hallucinations it would conjure up.

marian said...

leuk de foto's, kan je de paddestoel eten?

Anonymous said...

Nou, die bos bloemen is echt prachtig zeg!

Vincent said...

@ Kona: Why don't you have a go mate? ;-)

@ ma: dat gaan we maar niet proberen...

@ Ilse: Ja, zekersteweten.