Saturday, February 21, 2009

Meat ball galore (vegetarian alert level red)

Video.

Bakery.

Nicole at Woolies.

Electronic components at Jaycar.

More electronic components. I actually went twice today. Both times to buy fuses. The first time I bought fast ones. My power supply kept burning out every time I turned it off and on again. Fast ones in the primary circuit (the part that connects to the mains power) needs to be a slow one though so I went back. In the end I found a 1 Amp. slow fuse to stay alive.

Karin and Gavin have to move house this week. They started today. I went to see the empty and painted house for the first time today. It looks very, very good. I love the big windows every where that lets lots of light enter the whole house.

I spent a large part of the day experimenting with a little electronic circuit to drive a relay. I had to max. out my knowledge from uni but I managed to actually think of a working circuit. I put it together on a breadboard and it worked as expected. This is the top view.

This is the side view, kind of.

And then it was hammer meatball time!

For this we need 500 grams of ground up dead animals. 6 pieces of Dutch rusk (beschuit) which can be substituted with bread crumbs. Salt. Pepper. Paprika powder. Curry powder. Oh, and also drop in an egg.

Use quantities to your liking. I'm still not sure how much to use of each. Mix is all up. Use your hand, it's more fun :-)

Make nice, round balls.

Melt a block of butter on high temperature.

When all the butter is melted, put in the meat balls and seal the outside.

When the outside is sealed, add half a litre of water, turn down the heat and let is simmer for 20-30 minutes.

The result should be nice yummy meat balls!

I put mine on a bun with some butter. Yummmmmmm :-)

While I was around I thought I photograph the contents of our fridge. Check out the milk supply. And the Nippy's. Good stuff. Everything else is Nicole's I think ;-)

And this is the freezer.

This are the fridge magnets on our fridge.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lekker... een gehaktbal op een broodje met mayo:-)) Dat at ik altijd op vrijdagmiddag tijdens mijn opleiding.

CRAIG said...

I agree! Lekker meatballs. But I've never heard of using rusks. I'll have to try this one day.

Was it Dead Cow Day? Nic also featured beef.

marian said...

mmmm, de ballen zien er goed uit, gebruik voortaan vloeibare boter, in harde boter zitten dierlijke vetten, vloeibare boter is van plantaardige vetten, beter voor je body.

Vincent said...

@ Ilse: Zonder mayo voor mij. Brrrr.

@ Craig: Rusks are just the Dutch substitute for bread crumbs.

@ ma: Er is met elke boter wel wat mis. Die vloeibare boter zit vol met chemicalien. Ze vertellen je alleen maar wat er NIET in zit en dat zou het dan gezonder moeten maken. Ik bedoel, vloeibare boter, daar klopt toch iets niet aan? Volgens mij zou het dan melk moeten zijn :-)

Friðvin said...

Nice round balls. I hope those get used in the double entendre Facebook app! LOL!

marian said...

zitten er GEEN chemicalien in harde boter???
het gaat om de dierlijke en plantaardige vetten, en plantaardige vetten zijn zijn beter,en gezonder.